Santa Clara County Bioidentical Doctor, Marianna Abrams, N.D. at Water’s Edge Natural Medicine in San Mateo County specializes in health rebuilding, endocrine disorders, hormone balancing, weight loss, and longevity medicine. has over 30 years of experience of successfully treating patients with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
Find Relief With Bioidentical Hormones
Santa Clara County Bioidentical Hormone Doctor, Marianna Abrams, N.D. understands how important hormones are to your body and its processes. Hormones help to regulate everything from sleep to metabolisms, and muscle development to stress responses. Hormones are responsible for the development of sexual characteristics in men and women, and they are essential to maintaining healthy reproductive cycles.
The importance of healthy hormone levels cannot be overstated—nor can the severity of symptoms that can occur when a body’s hormones are not functioning properly. Because our hormones are responsible for so many bodily functions, when we experience hormone decline or imbalance it is imperative that we seek solutions from a doctor with expertise in hormone therapies.
Conditions Treated with Bioidentical Hormones
- A gradual process that happens when a woman’s ovaries make less estrogen and progesterone and her lifetime supply of eggs is depleted. A woman is considered to have reached menopause when she hasn’t menstruated for 12 months. Natural menopause typically occurs between ages 41-59. Symptoms of Menopause Include: Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling, irritability, mood swings, sudden tears, trouble sleeping through the night, loss of libido, crashing fatigue, anxiety, depression and more.
- The period of transition to natural menopause during which the body undergoes endocrinologic and biologic changes resulting from declining ovarian hormone production; Symptoms of perimenopause can include irregular menstrual periods, hot flashes, and vaginal dryness, insomnia, and mood swings. Perimenopause can last over six years (four years is average) and usually ends after twelve months of amenorrhea.
- Andropause is the period of a man’s life, occurring usually between the ages of 45 and 55, marked by a drop in testosterone hormone levels secreted by the testicles. The body changes occur and may be accompanied by symptoms such as changes in attitudes and moods, weight gain, fatigue, a loss of energy, loss of sex drive, lowered physical agility and more. It is a phenomenon similar to the female menopause.
- An imbalance of your thyroid hormone can affect every metabolic function in your body. Your thyroid gland is your body’s regulator. Thyroid hormone modulates carbohydrates, protein, fat metabolism, vitamin uses, digestion, muscle and nerve action, blood flow, hormone excretion, oxygen utilization, sexual function.
- Fibromyalgia is a disorder causing aching muscles, sleep disorders, and fatigue, associated with abnormal levels of the brain chemicals that transmit nerve signals (neurotransmitters) it is characterized by symptoms in several body systems. Symptoms include: Wide spread body pain, skin temperature changes, irritable bowel, brain fog, immune system or repeated illness and more.
- Weight Loss Resistance
- Progesterone and estrogen are normally the culprits that lead to weight loss difficulties and resistance. Our overall body composition is greatly dependent on having balanced hormones, a healthy digestive tract, a balanced diet and an awareness of food allergies.
- Adrenal Fatigue
Adrenal Fatigue is a stress-induced condition characterized by a set of common symptoms that indicate decreased function of the adrenal glands. Also known as hypoadrenia, adrenal exhaustion, adrenal insufficiency, adrenal gland fatigue, adrenal chronic fatigue, and non-addisons hypoadrenia. Adrenal Fatigue affects every organ and system in your body. A below average functioning of the adrenal glands result in a number of symptoms. Those symptoms often include chronic infections, fatigue, Sleep disturbance, insomnia, menopause type symptoms, IBS, anxiety and more.